Friday, January 5, 2007

Every Woman's Dream


Tonight my wife is carefully laying out the necessities for tomorrow - white satin gloves, a tiara, a Swarovski crystal choker, and, of course, the veil.

No, Erin's not getting married again tomorrow - I won't allow it.

What I WILL allow is the opportunity for her to wear her wedding gown again. She has been invited by our wedding photographer to come be a "greeter" at their booth at Weddings the Bridal Show in Nashville tomorrow. It seems that in the past year and a half they have been getting rave reviews about her bridal portrait - every bride-to-be they sit down and talk with comment on this picture. So they thought "Why don't we bring the real girl in for the day?!?"

Erin is thrilled.

I am too - for her. Once again, the difference between man and woman is being displayed here - if someone I HIRED to do a job for me a year-and-a-half ago called me up and asked me to come stand in my tuxedo for 4 hours on a Saturday for free (they ARE giving us another print of one of our wedding photos, just for the record - a very nice and probably fairly expensive "thank-you") I would have told them they had fallen off their rocker and hung up.

But for my wife - this is a dream come true. And rightfully so, I guess. Picking out the dress was probably one of the biggest and most important decision of the whole wedding process - I can understand how it would be fun to wear it in public again. And she'll look FANTASTIC - that's a given. It even somewhat appeals to the monetary part of me - I mean, we payed $xxx.00 for this dress to only wear once?!? Are you kidding me - yeah, let's get it out again! But would I do it - would I get dressed up again? Not a chance...

Not unless my bride was standing next to me.

(You'll hear her side tomorrow)

1 comment:

Stephen and Melissa Thiessen said...

Have so much fun Erin!!! I would be totally thrilled if I got to wear my wedding dress again, the day was so short and the dress was just too beautiful! I'm positive you'll look awesome again! Make sure to put up some pictures!
Love you guys...
Melissa